Make space, trade the used books your children have grown out of for new ones & support a charity!
Come browse for second-hand children books during our big sale on Friday 20th November, from 10:00 to 17:00.
Do you have children books you wish to sell ?
Here is how it works :
We look forward to helping A Step Ahead, to which we will donate our administrative fee of 0.50 CHF per book. Help us keep the logistics simple and stress-free by respecting the deadlines :
- Bring the books you wish to sell at the Magical Cafe by November 17th. Only children books in good condition. All languages welcome!
- Collect your unsold books by December 2nd, during normal opening hours. Or leave them as a donation for A Step Ahead 🙂
- Collect your book vouchers by December 8th.
What does the charity A Step Ahead (ASA) do ?
ASA runs a literacy and English language learning program for children from favelas at Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. They also provide scholarships to children in desperate need to attend the daycare center.
About their program :
- It teaches literacy skills from an early age and lays the foundation for further success in public school. It also increases the likelihood that the child will finish school.
- It offers older students insights into the connection between education and improved employment prospects. And those who participate in structured after school programs are less likely to drop out of school and more likely to stay off the streets.
An education that is relevant and purposeful has the power to change lives!
More info on www.asastepahead.com
Safety first !
We are very happy to hold this event for the second time! Of course, the organisation will be a bit different this year, due to the COVID-19.
To keep everything safe :
- Max. 2 persons around the book table at the same time. Take a ticket & relax with a drink while you wait for your turn 🙂
- Clean your hands before & after handling the books. Disinfectant gel is available.
- Wear your mask as soon as you leave your table. Make sure to keep it on your nose and mouth when you browse through the books.
Thank you for your help and understanding 🙂